INSTALLATION SYSTEMS INDOOR
PLUGGABLE ELECTRICAL INSTALLATIONS FOR ALMOST FIVE DECADES!
Tight time frames and short-term completion deadlines are the norm for the electrical installer on the construction site. Therefore, a fast, safe and above all, error-free electrical installation is necessary. The modular gesis® systems offers flexibility and easy handling to meet the demanding pace of new developments and pressures for convertible multi-use spaces. Our modular gesis® system meets all these requirements and convinces with its easy handling.
AREAS OF APPLICATION
We have developed special industry expertise in a wide range of areas. From miniature connectors in the smallest wiring spaces within devices, all the way to high voltage connectors with large cross sections – you will find the right connector for your application in our product portfolio.
The individual rooms are supplied via a gesis® NRG flat cable with a high core cross-section. This ensures neat and easy to maintain electrical structures right from the initial installation.
Area wide coverage of mains and DALI signal for offices means that changes and extensions can be realized without any effort.
The decentralized control/automation of sun shading drives offers a very large savings potential with regard to the cables to be laid.
PARAPET DUCT WIRING
The space-saving use of flat cables in the parapet trunking enables a continuous plug-in installation for maximum flexibility.
GROUND TANK WIRING
The different versions of gesis® NRG flat cables supply floor tanks with and without decentralized fuse protection.
DECENTRALIZED ROOM AUTOMATION
The modular, decentralized and directly pluggable systems can be quickly and easily expanded or adapted to meet changing usage conditions.
THE ADVANTAGES OF PLUGGABLE ELECTRICAL CABLING
- Scalable with minimal effort
- Decades of project experience
- Reduction of personnel expenses
- Consistent and predictable material and labour costs
- Sustainability through reusability
- Easy installation due to pluggability
- Time savings of up to 70%
- Modular system
- Simple and quick touch safe electrical installation
- World wide approvals
- Error-free installation with mechanical and color coding
- Fewer Accidents
- Supply with three-phase current until just before the consumer device
- 30% savings on installation costs due to the use of up to 40% less cable material
- 70% faster installation times
- Convertible/ Customizable
- Fewer resources used
- RoHS Compliant
VARIOUS CONNECTORS FORM THE GESIS® FAMILY
- gesis® CLASSIC: Our standard system with 24 coding options, has been setting the standard for indoor electrical connections for almost five decades. It supplies up to 20 A, and with DIN EN 61535 approval, the pluggable installation system belongs to the fixed installation category and meets the requirements according to VDE and UR.
- gesis® MINI: Our small all-rounder system for pluggable, fixed electrical installation with a minimum of size and the maximum of flexibility.
It is particularly suitable for space-saving electrical installation.
- gesis® MICRO: The connector system for power distribution in confined spaces, such as for luminaires in furniture and shelving.
With 2-4 poles and a maximum size of 10 mm, it enables optimum distribution right into the operating equipment and the product carrier.
- gesis® NV: The low voltage connector system (50 V/3 A) is the solution for distributing signals and networking your room automation.
- METALYNX: Our connector system for building installation and armoured cable requirements according to IEC, British Standard and UL/CSA.
- gesis® NRG: The flat cable system combines all advantages of modern and decentralized electrical installation and offers the solution for structured and fast infrastructure cabling.
Further information on the individual variants can also be found on the following product pages.
FAST AND SAFE
"As the world market leader and inventor of the pluggable electrical installation, our gesis® products have been depended on for almost 50 years. With our variety of installation connectors, we offer the solution for fast, safe and sustainable electrical installation."
Product Manager GST®
Pluggable systems can be installed and changed quicker and safer than traditional pipe and wire systems. This can save up to 70% installation time and 30% installation costs. Less skilled workers can be used for both installation and changes, and employees are safer.
Planning with gesis® guarantees a reliable calculation of your project schedule & cost, and standardized quality in the planning and execution of the project. Pre-fabricated and pre-assembeled cable harnesses further increases the predictability and consistency of projects, allowing you to focus on core business.
Our connectors are approved according to the field of application, according to the standards DIN EN 61535, DIN EN 60998 and DIN EN 61984. Some are approved for UL/CSA, and made to fit North American cable types such as NM cables.
In mated condition IP40 is reached, in non-mated condition IP20.
The system consists of connectors, pre-assembled cables, compact distributors and device connections.
Depending on the product group, the rated voltage ranges from 50 V/250 V to 250 V/400 V.
Depending on the product group, the rated current ranges from 2.5 A up to 20 A.
The device connections in particular are already part of some OEM partner products today Such as luminaires and multi socket outlets, so that the overall installation in the building can be carried out in a pluggable manner right up to the device.
Different networks can be separated from each other in a concealable manner by means of color and mechanical coding.
With our standardized gesis® interface we offer a modular system in which all components are compatible with the same coding. This universal compatibility is limited exclusively to components from Wieland. The mating with possibly mechanically similar mating systems of other manufacturers is not permitted according to DIN EN 61535!
Our gesis® components are secured by an interlock against unintentional release and protected against contact. Moreover, they are approved according to international standards and offer certified quality and safety. Due to the colored and mechanical coding, mismating is avoided.